The Education Advisor will support the Office of Education, Youth, and Child Development (EYCD). S/he will possess in-depth knowledge of Global Education Strategy and the Ugandan education context to support the design, implementation, monitoring, and evaluation of high-priority U.S. Government initiatives under the Mission’s basic education portfolio. The ES will provide technical expertise and support as EYCD continues to implement existing basic education activities, including early grade reading, HIV/AIDS education, and school-related gender-based violence activities, and expands the basic education portfolio to better meet the challenges faced by the Government of Uganda. S/he will also work to better integrate EYCD’s basic education activities with other sectors across the Mission, in line with the CDCS. This consultant will be subject to oversight by the EYCD Deputy Office Director/Basic Education Team Leader.
Other Essential Duties/Tasks and Responsibilities
- Provide overall technical and administrative leadership and expertise for the Project;
- Serve as the primary liaison with USAID/ME Bureau on management and technical matters;
- Supervise activity implementation and ensure the activity meets stated goals, outcomes, benchmarks, and reporting requirements;
- Coordinate with USAID and key stakeholders;
- Offer technical oversight and guidance for various research, assessment, analytical, and training activities;
- Monitoring project progress against USAID standards and targeted results.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Extensive experience working on technical and/or operational issues related to development;
- Subject matter expertise in education;
- Excellent organizational skills and ability to keep to a timeline;
- Advanced interpersonal skills that enable effective working relationships with multiple stakeholders such as government officials, civil society partners, and donors;
- Preferred: Extensive demonstrable experience in East Africa
- At least 8 years of experience in relevant management, supervisory, technical experience with programs of a similar scope and scale to this activity is required (at least four of these years must be in a management/leadership position);
- Experience in crisis or conflict-affected environments;
- Minimum 8 years of experience with technical and/or operational issues related to a mix of education and development work;
- Experience in the education sector in the East Africa is preferable.
Corporate office environment as well as fieldwork.
Advanced degree in Education, International Development, International Relations, other Social Sciences, or a related field
B360-Uganda is seeking talented individuals to join our Uganda Project teams. The job location for these positions is Kampala, Uganda. The positions are as follows: 1. Project Design Consultant, 2. Acquisition and Assistance Consultant, 3. Procurement & Administrative Assistant, 4. Education Advisor and 5. An Anthropologist. #TransformingCommunitiesTogether
If interested, review the job descriptions below and send CV and Cover Letter to firstname.lastname@example.org attention Ms. Solomy Lubega, with the position you are interested in as the subject heading.