The Project Design Consultant (PDC) will support the Program and Policy Development Office (PPD). S/he will possess in-depth knowledge of U.S. Government policies and foreign assistance programming to support a variety of Mission needs over the next one-year period. This consultant will provide expert policy guidance and technical support to the Program Office Director and Deputy Director, Mission technical offices and Front Office in developing Project Development Plans and Project Appraisal Documents (PAD), project and activity designs and supporting documentation, such as stakeholder consultations and trend analysis. The PDC will coordinate PAD discussions and draft approval memos as well as assisting Management in the implementation of the CDCS. S/he will support portfolio and other similar reviews by providing guidance on regulations and procedures, reviewing documentation, developing issues papers, facilitating meetings, documenting proceedings and tracking completion of follow-up actions among other duties.
- Graduate level degree in international development, international affairs, public policy or other relevant fields.
- At least 10 years experience in international development, with at least 7 years in a developing context.
- Demonstrated knowledge of USAID policies and operations, including USAID’s Program Cycle policy (ADS 201): strategic planning, project design, activity design, and/or implementation.
- Skilled facilitation of groups, meetings, and events both online and in-person.
- Experience with capacity building and organizational learning
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills and demonstrated experience in providing superior customer service.
- Experience with USAID projects strongly preferred.
- Professional references commenting on work style.
B360-Uganda is seeking talented individuals to join our Uganda Project teams. The job location for these positions is Kampala, Uganda. The positions are as follows: 1. Project Design Consultant, 2. Acquisition and Assistance Consultant, 3. Procurement & Administrative Assistant, 4. Education Advisor and 5. An Anthropologist. #TransformingCommunitiesTogether
If interested, review the job descriptions below and send CV and Cover Letter to firstname.lastname@example.org attention Ms. Solomy Lubega, with the position you are interested in as the subject heading.