JLN-B360 a Joint Venture, headquartered in Maryland, USA is accepting resumes/CV from qualified candidates for the position of Quality Control Engineer (QCE) position on the USAID funded construction project in Liberia. The USAID Mission in Liberia has awarded a contract to JLN-B360 A Joint Venture, to implement “The Sustainable High Impact Infrastructure for Education and Agriculture (SHINE)” project. The SHINE project will provide design and construction services for vertical infrastructure activities in support of the USAID funded projects in agriculture, higher education, economic governance and natural resource management. The estimated period of performance is approximately three (3) to four (4) years starting January 15, 2016. This position is based in Monrovia, Liberia.
The QCE will serve as the most senior quality control personal on the project. The individual shall have sufficient independence and staff to implement the project Quality Control Plan and make recommendations to the Construction team leader on issues of compliance, re-works and non-conforming work items. The Quality Control Engineer (QCE) shall also manage the implementation of the EMMP for all the project in various sites. The primary responsibilities are aimed at providing overall leadership, supervision and direction of the process leading to the project quality control and environmental compliance. The QCE shall lead the project quality control team involve in full time construction oversight.
- The minimum qualifications include an Advance Degree in Construction/Project management or related courses. A Bachelor of Science degree in Civil Engineering/Architecture/Construction Technology.
- Work experience as Quality Control Engineer (QCE) or an equivalent position managing similar development programs in African or equivalent environment and USAID experience a plus.
- At least Ten (10) years of progressively responsible work experience in construction quality control and supervision with demonstrated strong management and coordinating skills.
- At least four (4) of the ten (10) years including progressively responsible supervisory work experience.
- Demonstrated skills in building construction technology, ICT skills especially as pertain to spread sheets, word, project and relative applications for engineering and construction of civil works.
- Fluent in English.
HOW TO APPLY:
Please submit your RESUME/CURRICULUM VITAE to Solomy Lubega, email: email@example.com. REFERENCE “QCE Position” and a Cover Letter with desired salary by January 17, 2017.