B360 is Hiring an Architect
Requirements: Bachelor of Science Architecture from an Accreditation Board for Engineering and Technology (ABET) certified program.
Other Requirements: Top Secret security clearances issued by DOS
Current Licensure: Desired – LEED accreditation
Experience: Seven (7) years of experience in respective discipline with progressive responsibility.
Duties and responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Serves as an architect in the Project Management Office supporting the capital construction and repair program.
- Develops architectural requirements, designs, and specifications for new construction and interior and exterior renovations, alterations, and repairs.
- Manages facility construction and repair projects throughout the entire project life cycle, including initiation, concept development, design, construction, and closeout.
- Serves as a Contracting Officer’s Representative and is responsible for directing project activities.
- Develops designs, scaled concept drawings, and final floor plan drawings utilizing computer aided design and drafting software for in-house modifications and renovations.
A) Degree: architecture; or related field that included 60 semester hours of course work in architecture or related disciplines of which at least 1) 30 semester hours were in architectural design, and 2) 6 semester hours were in each of the following: structural technology, properties of materials and methods of construction, and environmental control systems.
B) Combination of education and experience — college level education, training, and/or technical experience that furnished 1) a thorough knowledge of the arts and sciences underlying professional architecture, and 2) a good understanding, both theoretical and practical, of architectural principles, methods, and techniques and their applications to the design and construction or improvement of buildings. The adequacy of such background must be demonstrated by at least one of the following:
1) Degree in architectural engineering may be accepted as satisfying in full the basic requirements, provided the completed course work in architectural engineering provided knowledge, skills, and abilities substantially equivalent to those provided in the courses specified in paragraph A.
2) One year of experience in an architect’s office or in architectural work for each year short of graduation from a program of study in architecture. In the absence of college courses, 5 years of such experience is required. This experience must have demonstrated that the applicant has acquired a thorough knowledge of the fundamental principles and theories of professional architecture.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATION REQUIREMENT:
In addition to the Basic Requirements, applicant must have at least one year of specialized experience