JLN-B360 a Joint Venture, headquartered in Maryland, USA is accepting resumes/CV from qualified candidates for the position of Construction and Designs Team Leader position on the USAID funded construction project in Liberia. The USAID Mission in Liberia has awarded a contract to JLN-B360 A Joint Venture, to implement “The Sustainable High Impact Infrastructure for Education and Agriculture (SHINE)” project. The SHINE project will provide design and construction services for vertical infrastructure activities in support of the USAID funded projects in agriculture, higher education, economic governance and natural resource management. The estimated period of performance is approximately three (3) to four (4) years starting January 15, 2016. This position is based in Monrovia, Liberia.
The Construction and Designs Team leader is expected to lead team to develops construction drawings, specifications, and construction schedules. This role also includes choice of construction technologies, materials, sub-contractor’s management and provides professional mentorship to local engineering counterparts.
- The minimum qualifications include an advance degree in Civil Engineering, Architecture, Construction Technology or related engineering fields.
- At least eight (10) years of progressively responsible work experience in the construction project management, architectural/civil designs of buildings and administration of construction contracts.
- Specific experience in vertical infrastructure projects in rural settings of developing countries.
- At least five (5) of the ten years must include of progressively responsible supervisory work experience, construction management, building construction design and supervision teams, including direct supervision, reporting, coordination and assembling teams of professional engineers to respond to complex engineering construction assignments.
- At least two of the ten years supervising a team of draftsman, architects and construction technologist in the development of construction drawings and architectural designs.
- Specific experienced in managing projects having multiple concurrent activities at various geographic locations is required.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Demonstrated knowledge of basic mechanical engineering principles as it relates to building mechanics, architecture designs and construction management. Specific experiences and skills in team building, mentorship and local contractor development required.
- Fluent in English.
HOW TO APPLY:
Please submit your RESUME/CURRICULUM VITAE to Solomy Lubega, email: firstname.lastname@example.org. REFERENCE “CDL Position” and a Cover Letter with desired salary by January 17, 2017.