BizSolutions 360 (B360), headquartered in Washington DC, USA is accepting CVs from qualified candidates for the position of Health System Strengthening Advisor (HSSA) on a USAID-funded project in Kenya. The upcoming USAID-funded HIV Service Delivery Support Activity (HSDSA) in Kenya will be providing clinical support to the Kenyan National HIV Response for USAID’s Office of Health, Population and Nutrition. The estimated period of performance is five (5) years and this position is based in Kenya.
The HSS Advisor will be responsible for support to the health sector under USAID program, including county governance and strategic planning and Human Resources for Health (HRH), and other areas as desired. This position ensures a seamless link between service delivery interventions and county capacity for systems development. S/he will be knowledgeable with the issues around devolution and the functions and organization of the county government, particularly the county health management teams and their capacity gaps.
- A Master’s degree in health policy and administration, health sector development, public health or related field.
- Minimum seven (7) years of relevant, senior-level professional experience managing and implementing health systems strengthening programs in the areas of health policy and administration, health sector development, public health with a minimum of (5) years’ experience in sub-Saharan Africa, Kenya experience preferred.
- Five (5) years demonstrated experience in managing and supervising health systems activities and teams.
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively with government representatives, for-profit private sector entities, local community organizations, donors and other stakeholders, particularly at the sub-national level.
- Willing to travel across the country.
- Candidate within East Africa are preferred.
- Professional level of oral and written fluency in English language.
HOW TO APPLY:
Please submit your CURRICULUM VITAE to Solomy Lubega at email@example.com
REFERENCE “HSS Position” and a Cover Letter with desired salary by January 12, 2017.